On January 23rd, 2011 Karate Ontario hosted the Grand Prix#4. This was the last Provincial GP of the 2010/11 season and this tournament finalized the selection of the Karate Ontario Provincial Team.
Congratulations to our club members who got spots in the Karate Ontario Provincial Team this season:
1. Regina Lvov -47 kg(14-15)
2. Michelle Pokrass -54 kg(14-15)
3. Anissa Laribi +54 kg(14-15)
4. Samantha Krystantos -59 kg(16-17)
5. Mike Founk -52 kg(14-15)
6. Vadim Semenikhine -70 kg(14-15)
7. Mike Konnov +70 kg(14-15)
8. Daniel Gaysinsky -61 kg(16-17)
9. Denis Adigamov -67 kg Adults & -68 kg(18-20)
10. Yuri Kaspin -75 kg Adults
11. Kirill Bazhenov -84 kg Adults
12. Train Iancu Open Adults
Next step are the Canadian Nationals on March (18-20), 2011
Let's hope everybody has a great final preparation and is successful at Nationals!!!
Also congratulations to all the kids that competed in the recreational divisions at this tournament. For many of them it was their first competition experience. Some got medals, some lost their matches...but all of this is just the process of an athlete's development. Participation in tournaments motivates kids to work harder in the gym and brings some excitement to their routine.
The next tournament we will have is in April. This gives everybody time to get stronger and to improve.
Let's not to waste time! Set your goals and work to achieve them!